Tuesday 6 January 2015

Jargon Buster Page


Jargon Buster Page



Hi there everyone 

So if you are like me and that's is a little technically challenged by some of the terms used in NASCAR, then fear not. On this page we will try to sort out a couple of those, "Not so easy to understand terms" 

If you are a technical "Buff" we welcome your input. If there is something you may want to add please let us know.  

I used to be a big Formula One fan, not that I am no longer a fan, I just find that F1 these days is more about what the FIA will allow in terms of technical regulations, rather than who is the fastest driver. My attentions turned to other forms of racing and in particular I started watching NASCAR. 

In terms of NASCAR there are very rigid regulations, and I mean very rigid. Unlike F1 where we have this, "Well I interpreted this rule as that ... cause you didn't say this.... explicitly", In NASCAR its black or its White, there is no room for interpretation and if your car does not conform, the penalties are stiff. That's really what you want in racing, as level a playing field as you can get. 

Understanding these regulations is another thing entirely. 

We as the Danica Pack have decided to start a page on this blog that will assist you in understanding the terms used in NASCAR. Just to make things easier. 

I will try to update this weekly with something new that you may not know. We will break down the big words into something you can understand.

Hope you enjoy this, it going to be a journey for us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment